Welcome to the Meadowbrook Gardens Online Application
RESIDENT SCREENING CRITERIA
We offer the following information so that all applicants will have available to them a statement of the rental qualifying policies of Meadowbrook Gardens. We have attempted to make this document easy to read and understandable, however, by its nature as a statement of policy, it includes formal language and legal terms. If you have any questions about our policies or about the information in this document, please contact any of our management team.
All prospective residents will be required to meet the following qualification standards to include, but not limited to the following criterion. Past resident history may have an adverse affect on the outcome of your application for residency.
- Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in an apartment home. A bedroom is defined as a space within the premises that is used primarily for sleeping, designed to be closed with a door and a closet space for clothing.
- The occupancy limit is three persons in a one bedroom apartment and five persons in a two bedroom apartment. If at any time during the lease term the occupancy limits are exceeded, eviction proceedings will be started.
- Select your apartment home.
- Complete the application on the designated form. Each occupant 18 years or older must complete an application. (Married couples may complete one application).
- Pay your non-refundable application processing fee and pay a holding deposit that will become a security deposit upon move in. If for any reason you cancel your application within 72 hours or if your application is rejected, your holding deposit will be fully refundable. If you cancel after 72 hours, your holding deposit will be forfeited..
- If the application is approved you will be required to sign a lease agreement in which you agree to abide by all the rules and regulations of this community.
- State or government issued identification with a picture, and social security number validation will be required.
- If applicant does not have a valid social security card, an original copy of a valid work visa supplemented by employment verification or an original copy of a valid student visa supplemented by proof of registration at the school for which the visa was approved is required.
- A complete and accurate rental application.
- All non-familial applicants must be 18 years of age or older. Emancipated minors must show written legal proof.
- Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial.
- Any individual, who may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of an individual, the community, or the property of others, will be denied.
Meadowbrook Gardens allows existing premises to be modified at the expense of the disabled person, if the disabled person agrees to restore the premises at their own expense to the pre-modified condition provided the modification would not affect the use and enjoyment of the premises for future residents. We require:
- Written proposals detailing the extent of the work to be done.
- Written assurances that the work be performed in a professional manner by a licensed/bonded contractor.
- Written approval from the landlord before modifications are made.
- Appropriate building permits and required licenses made available for the landlord inspection.
- A restoration deposit may be required per Fair Housing guidelines.
- A credit report will be processed on each applicant.
- The applicant's overall credit score will be calculated based on the following criteria:
- The applicant's past two years of credit is rated on an acceptable accounts ratio
- Non-established credit history may have an adverse effect on the overall credit score.
- Bankruptcies and delinquent student loans will have an adverse effect on the overall credit score.
- Medical accounts will not have an adverse effect on the overall credit score.
- The Debt to Income ratio calculates the applicant's outstanding debt as a percentage of income.
- A FICO score is a numerical score calculated by the credit bureaus based on payment history, amount owed, length of credit history, new credit and types of credit.
- Monthly household income at least 3 times the stated monthly rent is required.
- Monthly household income of less than 3 times the stated monthly rent will result in rejection.
- Employment verification, 3 consecutive paycheck stubs, or a W2 form from employer will be required for all applicants.
- Verifiable income will be required for applicants who are self-employed or receive money from non-employment sources. Applicant must be able to show proof of income, through: (a) financial statement from a CPA verifying employment and income, or (b) photocopies of 3 most current bank statements illustrating the ability to pay rent for 3 times the monthly rent through the entire lease term. (Other verifiable income may mean, but is not limited to, alimony/child support, trust accounts, social security, unemployment, welfare, grants/loans.)
- Verifiable income will be required for applicants who are self-employed or receive money from non-employment sources. Applicant must be able to show proof of income through 1) provide a financial statement from a CPA verifying employment and income or 2) photocopies of three most current bank statements illustrating the ability to pay rent for three (3) times the monthly rent through the entire lease term. (Other verifiable income may mean, but is not limited to, alimony/child support, trust accounts, social security, unemployment, welfare, grants/loans).
- If applicant is starting a new job, the future position and salary must be verified in writing and effective on or before the proposed move-in date.
- If applicant has been evicted or filed bankruptcy within the past 7 years or owes landlord monies the application will be declined.
NON U.S. CITIZENS
- Applicants who are citizens of another country must provide, (a) a passport, and (b) the INS document that entitles the applicant to be in the United States, and (c) proof of employment in this country or an I-20 verifying student status. Meadowbrook Gardens may ask to make a photocopy of any of the applicants INS documents, passport and visa.
If your application is denied due to negative and adverse information being reported you may,
- Request a copy of your consumer credit report from the credit reporting agency.
- Request a correction of the information if you deem said information to be inaccurate.
a) Incomplete, inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial.
b) You may re-apply for an apartment 30-days from the date of this application.
I (WE) HAVE READ THE ABOVE AND UNDERSTAND THE BASIS FOR CONSIDERATION OF MY (OUR) APPLICATION.
In compliance with State and Federal Fair Housing Guidelines, Meadowbrook Gardens does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.
Please choose "I Agree" to continue to the application.